Senior Writer with Professional Services Experience
Corporate Services Team (CST) – Marketing /
What does BPM stand for? Innovation. Opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility, and so much more. B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
Do you thrive on creating strategic content and marketing materials that prospects actually enjoy reading? BPM is seeking a Senior Writer with prior professional services experience to support our Marketing team to initiate, plan and develop strategic content that informs and inspires.
As a member of the Content Strategy team, you will be responsible for conceiving and producing strategic content across all marketing channels—from social media and whitepapers to copy and content for events, webinars, videos, case studies, print/digital ads, web pages, and other channels—to bring prospects along the buyer journey, from awareness to brand loyalty.
This is a full-time role. Candidates will be matched with a Subject Matter Expert at BPM to demonstrate their ability to drive a conversation around an intended piece of thought leadership and prepare a draft for review by the Editorial Manager, and if viable, published on behalf of the Firm. BPM will compensate candidates for their contribution.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a strong command of the English language, exceptional writing skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to deliver outstanding content
· Report to the Editorial Manager, and collaborate with broader team to create content for a variety of projects
· Collaborate across the Marketing department to develop and optimize engaging short-form and long-form marketing content to reach specific customers, industries and audiences
· Influence marketing program plans, including promotional tactics and copy, to enhance the reach and visibility of all created assets
· Ensure that all content requests integrate with the BPM brand and go-to-market strategy
· Identify opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed
· Work with team and external vendors to ensure content is on-brand, with a consistent style, quality and tone, and optimized for search and social promotion
· Engage in the full range of editing, from developmental to line editing and copyediting
· Leverage SEO insights to attract prospects and customers to relevant, timely and evidence-based content to help move them through the sales funnel
· Provide synopses weekly (and/or on demand) to Editorial Manager and other marketing leaders if requested
· Participate in and contribute to Content Strategy team meetings
· Monitor and analyze the performance of content using various analytics tools to assess content impact and make data-driven improvements.
· Support special content and/or external communications initiatives and projects
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
· Preferably 5-7 years’ experience in copywriting, web copy, content writing, social media in the professional services world
· Proven track record with strategic content creation
· Extraordinary writing and punctuation skills
· Flexible and responsive to short deadlines/quick turn-arounds
· A strong sense of initiative, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure, while juggling and meeting multiple deadlines
· Proven ability and executive presence to conduct content reviews, interviews, and content audits and inventories
· Superior copy editing and proofreading skills that brings content from okay to great
· A self-starter and a solid team player who owns his or her success metrics
· Experience working within a style guide
· Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving company environment
· Fantastic people skills: you find satisfaction in collaborating with and helping others
· B.A. or higher in English, Writing, Marketing, Journalism or similar preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· General office assignments-(typing), manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, and other office equipment which lends itself to repetitive motion
· Sitting in a stationary position for several hours within the day
· Ability to work remotely or a combination of a remote/in-office arrangement (hybrid approach)
$100,000 - $130,000 a year
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.