IT Business Analyst (Tax)
San Francisco Bay Area
Corporate Services Team (CST)
BPM is looking for an IT Business Analyst who will act as the IT champion for Tax practice group. The business analyst (BA) acts as an intermediary between the business and technology partners, working with project teams to collect, clarify, and document business requirements and implement technology that best meets the requirements. The business analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes business demand for technology.
You Have (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and testing.
- Experience in leading Implementation of off the shelf software and Project Management.
- Experience with CCH Axcess products is preferred.
- Experience with preparing tax returns is preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of leading Accounting industry software is desirable.
Skills for Success (Preferred):
- Able to understand business process and translate it into application requirements.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- In depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall).
- Ability to work with third-party vendors, understanding of licensing of software products.
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Coordinates with the project manager, business and technology partners to ensure that technology used by Tax meet business needs and is delivered on time.
- Partners with business partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements.
- Works with technology partners to select and implement software to meet business requirements.
- Analyzes, documents and tests software and business process flows.
- Partners with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Documents user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
- Answers how-to questions from business users on chosen Tax software(s) or procedures.
- Ensures updates to software are deployed on a regular basis.
- Keeps abreast of new Tax technology/ software available in the market.
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Savitha Gurumoorthy, Ben Cabie, Michael Lawrence, and Keith Scipi. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
LinkedIn Code: #LI-AW1
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.