IT Assurance Supervisor
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- Licensed professional or in the process of obtaining one of the following including, but not limited to Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals® (CISSP®), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®), or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP).
- BS/BA degree in Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant field required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in IT Audit, IT Security, Information Risk Management, IT Governance or other IT Compliance related work.
- Prior responsibilities should include performing IT risk assessments and controls reviews and recommending, designing and advising on applicable IT controls.
- Familiarity with IT internal controls and their applicability with regards to financial reporting and information systems support processes.
- Experience in the performance of Service Organization Control (SOC 1, 2, & 3) assessments.
- Technically knowledgeable in cross-platform system security - particularly with regards to operating systems, databases, networking and transactional processing environments.
- Experience with a variety of operating systems including Windows, OS400, UNIX and LINUX.
- Exposure to commercial and open source database management systems (MS-SQL, MySQL and Oracle).
- Experience with PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Lawson, Oracle Financials, Great Plains, Solomon IV, MAS/90-500, UNIX, OS400 or ERP application software packages preferred.
- Strong desire to continuously learn.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to suggest appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize most forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing application controls, particularly automated controls on a wide range of software application packages for financial reporting.
- Assisting financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance teams in the identification of control objectives and the design of control procedures to address those objectives.
- Identifying internal IT controls, assessing their design and operational effectiveness, determining risk exposures and developing remediation plans.
- Understanding client needs, identifying root causes of problems, and implementing pragmatic solutions.
- Determine technical and business impact of identified security and control issues and provide remediation guidance.
LinkedIn Code: #LI- JL1