Tax Senior Manager (Estates, Gifts & Trusts)
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements)
- Licensed CPA and / or attorney
- 7+ years’ experience in public accounting or law firm practicing tax and estate planning and compliance.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, JD, or LLM (Master in Tax preferred).
- An understanding of the concepts of Estate, Trust and Gift planning.
- Experience assisting clients with Trust Administration.
- Strong analytical ability, research and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects and deliver in a timely manner.
- Ability to create and manage relationships with outside professionals, especially estate attorneys.
- Ability to delegate work and manage/train staff.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools and tax programs (ProSystems Tax or CCH Axcess preferred).
You Will (Job Responsibilities)
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to our Estate, Gift, and Trust clients.
- Develop and deliver innovative planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of Estate, Trust, and Gift issues.
- Work with clients to minimize their tax obligations and best pass assets according to client's wishes.
- Supervise tax staff and manage the delivery of tax consulting and compliance services to the client.
- Establish relationships with estate attorneys and other advisors serving our clients.
LinkedIn Code: #LI-AW2