Tax Manager, Private Client Services
San Jose, CA
Tax – Private Client Services (PCS) /
BPM – where caring and community is in our company DNA; we are always striving to be our best selves; and we’re compelled to ask the questions that lead to innovation.
Join BPM as a Tax Manager and make a significant impact as a valued leader within our dedicated team of tax experts. As a pivotal member of our tax department, you will provide personalized tax solutions to high-net-worth individuals and privately held companies. You will lead a team of tax professionals, overseeing their assignments and ensuring the delivery of top-notch client service. Your responsibilities include tax planning, compliance, and research to optimize tax positions and minimize liabilities for your clients. Your role demands strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards in all client engagements.
- Licensed CPA
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting with an emphasis in High Net-Worth Taxation.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field (Master’s degree a plus)
- Extensive experience in researching complex tax issues and exposure to a variety of entities and industries.
- Experience developing and training senior and associate level professionals.
- Provide tax compliance and consulting to privately held companies and high net worth individuals.
- Drive innovation in financial planning, consistently exceeding client expectations with creative and practical solutions.
- Lead and manage complex tax research projects spanning diverse industries, catering to a wide range of clients.
- Strategically collaborate with clients to ensure minimal federal, state, and local tax liability.
- Exercise strong leadership skills to supervise tax professionals’ assignments and ensure the seamless delivery of top-notch tax consulting services.
- Nurture the growth of tax seniors and associates through thoughtful review, counseling, and leadership, fostering a motivated and empowered team.
Company Benefits -Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Total Rewards: Personalized benefits plan including 401k Employer Match, multiple medical, dental, and vision offerings, up to 90% employer paid premiums, and pet-insurance.
- Well-Being Perks: Access to BPM’s interactive wellness platform, progressive mental health resources, vacation travel benefits, and a variety of Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) fostering diversity, inclusion, and community.
- Work-life Balance: Enjoy 14 firm holidays (including 2 floating holidays), unlimited “Flex PTO” program, paid family leave, generous Holiday Break, summer hours, and the option for remote work.
- Professional Development: Performance-based bonuses, tuition reimbursement, a dedicated coaching program, and a range of live classes, workshops, and seminars through BPM University.
Who is successful at BPM:
- Our ideal colleague: Compassionate, proactive, authentic, driven, and resilient individuals who are seeking to be lifelong learners.
- BPM LLP is one of the 40 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States with a global team of over 1,200 colleagues. A Certified B Corp, the Firm works with clients in the agribusiness, consumer business, financial and professional services, life science, nonprofit, wine and craft beverage, real estate and technology industries. BPM’s diverse perspectives, expansive expertise and progressive solutions come together to create exceptional experiences for individuals and businesses around the world. To learn more, visit our website.
- At BPM, we empower individuals to grow, excel, and make a positive impact in work, life, and communities. Our entrepreneurial spirit fuels innovation, while our inclusive culture fosters belonging and value for all.
*The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.