IT Assurance Associate
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- Interest in a career in public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MSA/MST/Certificate Program in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Economics, or related area
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the organization
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
You Will (Job Responsibilities)
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing application controls, particularly automated controls on a wide range of software application packages for financial reporting.
- Assisting financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance teams in the identification of control objectives and the design of control procedures to address those objectives.
- Identifying internal IT controls, assessing their design and operational effectiveness, determining risk exposures and developing remediation plans.
- Understanding client needs, identifying root causes of problems, and implementing pragmatic solutions.
- Determine technical and business impact of identified security and control issues and provide remediation guidance.