Seasonal Tax Professional
San Francisco Bay Area
Beyond Work – BPM Alternative Work Arrangements (AWA)
BPM Alternate Work Arrangement Overview:
Interested in arranging your own schedule and having consistent income, without committing to a permanent position? BPM is looking for seasonal tax professionals to support our engagement teams during short and long term, temporary opportunities.
This unique career option provides an alternative to year-round employment for people who are looking to pursue meaningful experiences or responsibilities BEYOND WORK.
BPM is a full-service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
You Have (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field (MST preferred)
- Two or more years’ experience working in a CPA firm
- Experience working in tax accounting
- CPA or EA license preferred
- Experience with CCH Axcess and GoFileRoom preferred
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills fostering client and internal relationships; excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong ethical standards
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Prepare or review federal and state income tax returns for high net-worth individual, corporate and partnership/LLCs
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner
- Successfully initiates and conducts tax planning for clients with little or no partner involvement
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing /meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax strategies
- Keep current with tax laws, regulations and practices
- Research tax issues
- Reconciliation of book to tax income
- Assist with bookkeeping and accounting work, as needed
- Other duties to support engagement team at various levels
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.