Corporate Services Team (CST)
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle between work and play.
As an administrative assistant for our tax department, you will provide high-level administrative support to client-serving partners and managers in the Tax Department of our San Francisco office. In this role, you will develop broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and practices. You may also help facilitate and coordinate projects and deadlines directly or through others. Teamwork is a must in this position.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today
You Have (Requirements):
- High school diploma or higher, college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience in a corporate environment, experience in public accounting a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills.
- Proficient skills in Adobe and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge or experience with CCH Axcess suite of products and Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
- Competency in understanding and navigating firm and service line structures, matrix relationships, key personnel, and policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, with a commitment to high quality work and great at problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Reputation for high quality and efficient work product.
- Ability to work independently, but also enjoys being part of a team.
- Professional manner, reliable and approachable.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Provide administrative support to Partners, Directors, and Managers/Staff in the Tax Department.
- Interface with clients at all levels (both internal and external).
- Tax Processing: Assemble tax returns and extensions, run due date reports, E-file tax returns and extensions.
- Assist partners, directors, and managers with A/R collections and monthly billings.
- Provide various clerical duties such as, prepare and track correspondence, engagement letters, printing, scanning, copying of documents, scheduling of internal and external meetings, expense reports, conference room setups, travel arrangements, schedule CPE seminars and track CPE certificates and forward to BPMU for tracking and in addition there will be occasional front desk support.
- Must be able to juggle and meet multiple deadlines.
- Manage and update tax calendars.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding billing.
- Overtime is required during peak season, which will include some evenings and weekends.
- File and copy documents as necessary.
- Provide back-up support to other administrative team members during absences or high volume workload periods.
- Perform other various projects i.e. draft proposals, engagement letters, presentations, spreadsheets, database - as necessary.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.