Tax Manager (Corporate Tax)
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Julie West, Robert Houston, and Yung Ling. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Our growing corporate Tax Team is looking for a dynamic Manager interested in taking their career to the next level. As a member of the Corporate Tax team, you will work on all aspects of corporate tax compliance with a focus on tax provisions which you know will require complex insight for some of the Bay Area’s most exciting clients. This is a unique opportunity to become a part of a high-growth practice and you will have the opportunity to make an impact from day one and help shape the future of the practice.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A strong regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field.
- Working knowledge of corporate tax compliance with a variety of clients in varying industries.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a professional services organization as a corporate taxation specialist with a focus on provisions.
- Prefer experience from Big 4 or other large international accounting or consulting firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizations skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment.
You Will (Responsibilities):
- Provide tax compliance and consulting to a diverse base of corporate clients in a variety or industries.
- Work with clients to minimize their federal, state, and local tax liability.
- Collaborate with our Assurance professionals working on tax provisions.
- Deliver and Develop innovative financial planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Oversee complex tax research projects for a variety of clients and diverse industries.
- Develop recommendations and implementation plans for clients and team members.
- Develop and deliver innovative financial planning ideas that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Develop and motivate tax seniors and associates by reviewing their work and providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance.
LinkedIn Code: #LI-AW2