Tax Senior (R&D)
San Francisco Bay Area
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people.
Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor &Vault or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Robert Houston,Andre Shevchuck, and Lisa Colton. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Our growing R&D Team is looking for a dynamic Senior interested in taking their career to the next level. As a member of the R&D team, you will work on all aspects of tax incentive engagements which you know will require complex insight for some of the Bay Area’s most exciting clients. This is a unique opportunity to become a part of a high-growth practice and you will have the opportunity to make an impact from day one and help shape the future of the practice.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A strong regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering, technology, or related field.
- Working knowledge of R&D tax incentives and/or experience with R&D credit studies.
- 2 or more years of experience working in a professional services organization as a tax credit specialist.
- Prefer experience from large accounting or consulting firms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizations skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment.
You Will (Responsibilities)
- Serving clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including research and development tax credit/deduction analyses, payroll credit engagements, and other federal credit incentive service offerings.
- Interviewing technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities.
- Managing the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis.
- Prepare concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Serving as a point-of-contact for client personnel with both with tax and technical backgrounds.
- Supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Demonstrating sound judgement and instincts with respect to supporting the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities.
- Support multiple R&D engagements and contribute to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our diverse clients.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on industry trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations.
LinkedIn Code: #LI-AW2