Accounting Advisory Manager
BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Jenise Gaskin and Rich Gunn. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Accounting Advisory Overview
BPM’s Accounting Advisory team (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Service Team) provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by conducting audits for presentation to investors, representing companies in securing loans and financing, developing succession plans and exit strategies, and supporting company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration. In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Service Team works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- Licensed CPA.
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting or related area.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience in a corporate accounting environment.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisor experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables.
- Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems and implements pragmatic solutions.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Oversee, supervise and manage multiple accounting services for our clients.
- In charge responsibilities for small to mid-size private company reviews, compilations.
- Responsible for managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients.
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in preparation of financial statements, and financial reports.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and understand processes and internal controls.
- Set budgets, select staff, and assign workloads.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences.