Director of Growth
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. The spread of smartphones presents an incredible opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility. We are revolutionizing banking in Africa and will soon expand to other regions across the globe.
Led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org, our team has unmatched experience in financial technology and emerging markets. Our success has led to investments from Silicon Valley’s leading VCs.
- Lead the organization in thinking about customer acquisition. Direct the strategies we pursue towards building a coherent and sustainable growth model. Decide the metrics on which we focus versus the ones we track.
- Work closely with our engineering team to design and build product features related to user conversion, retention and virality. Draw insights from experiments and data to inform prioritization.
- Collaborate with local marketing teams in our Nairobi, Lagos and Mumbai offices to build a world-class growth and marketing operation.
- Manage all of Branch’s digital marketing initiatives. This includes choosing appropriate platforms for ad purchases, setting budgets, creating campaigns, analyzing experiments and tracking progress.
- Assist the Expansion team in refining our go-to-market strategy in new countries.
- You have stellar management skills with proven ability to lead both technical and operational teams to implement effective growth strategies.
- You’ve led product teams that have shipped features with measurable impact on the growth trajectory of your customer base.
- You have 5 to 8 years of experience with devising, budgeting and executing practical yet creative growth initiatives in both digital advertising and product management.
- You have top-notch analytical skills including familiarity with SQL. You measure initiatives quantitatively and efficiently and you draw actionable insights to guide decisions. Effective written communication skills are especially important.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems as they arise.
- You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind and ask the right questions. You are a great collaborator and teacher.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 80% coverage of insurance costs (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe
- Pre-tax commuter deductions
- Bi-weekly team meals and events