Art & Design – Technical Art /
We are an early-stage game development company behind the free-to-play massively-multiplayer online sandbox survival game Castaways. Our sole purpose is to explore and develop groundbreaking ideas that seamlessly merge the worlds of social apps and gaming, redefining the very fabric of interactive entertainment.
We invest in people who have surmounted many obstacles yet remain steadfast with an unwavering determination to cultivate the remarkable and enduring.
You would be a great fit at Branch if you are a detail-oriented subject matter expert in your domain and enjoy working with small teams to build and ship quality games on a rapid timeline.
Branch is looking for a talented Technical Artist to build the foundation of the character pipeline for our mobile game, and manage the Technical Art side of a cosmetics content pipeline. You will play a pivotal role in developing sustainable, scalable, and artist-friendly content pipelines, ensuring our art processes are efficient and aligned with our vision for Castaways.
- Develop and maintain import/export tools in Python, tailored to our game development needs.
- Design scalable and sustainable content pipelines.
- Work closely with the art team to understand their requirements and develop tools that enhance their efficiency and creativity.
- Offer rigging expertise, assisting in creating efficient and dynamic rigs for our characters and assets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, ensuring seamless integration of assets between art and engineering.
- Proven experience as a Technical Artist in the game industry, with a strong emphasis on Maya tooling.
- Proficiency in Python, particularly in the context of Maya scripting.
- An understanding of scalable, sustainable, artist-friendly content pipelines and hands-on experience working within them.
- Experience in rigging is a significant plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to adapt to shifting project requirements.
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on collaboration in a small team environment.
- Proven experience working closely with developers
- Familiarity with Unity and Git
- Quick learner and self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks
$80,000 - $120,000 a year
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000
1. Work remotely or on site.
2. Platinum tier health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for by us for you and your dependents.
3. Unlimited paid time off and sick leave policies.
4. 401(k) with employer matching.
Branch is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Branch considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Branch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.