Cloud Architecture Lead
Engineering – Networking /
We are an early-stage game development company behind the successful sandbox title Castaways. Our mission is to create a fun and engaging experience while onboarding the next generation of gamers into the web3 space.
Our team comprises of Minecraft enthusiasts, engineers, ex-founders and dropouts. We ship every week. We love every minute of it. There is nothing else in the entire world we would rather be doing. You will have the opportunity to:
1. Provide the world with instant drop-in gameplay on web, desktop, and mobile.
2. Bridge the divide between web2 and web3 games and onboard millions to web3 through gaming
3. Be part of an extremely passionate, bright, and dedicated team.
4. Have a lot of fun building games!
You would be a great fit at Branch if you enjoy working at startups, are a subject matter expert in your domain, and share an interest in web3 and gaming. You thrive when working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. You take great pride in your work. You consider games an art and a hobby, not just a job.
- Own the end-to-end reliability and scalability of the gaming platform built on top of Branch's underlying infrastructure and network
- Assess and improve existing software, systems, technologies, and processes; drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor network performance, help identify network trends, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure, network, and security-related issues on AWS
- Build and maintain cloud architecture to serve millions of players in a massively multiplayer environment
- Manage, provision, and de-provision access to a suite of AWS accounts in a multi-account environment
- Be able to generate and validate ROI and budget calculations for network solutions
- 5+ years working with AWS services such as EC2, EKS, ELB
- Working proficiency in a Linux or Unix-based environment
- Proven experience with network capacity planning and knowledge of networking concepts (subnetting, VPN, routing and switching)
- Experience with performance and network monitoring, inventory management, and backup tool software
- Experience with tools including Puppet, Solar Winds, New Relic APM/Synthetics/Insight, and Service Now
- Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience managing and provisioning AWS accounts
- Experience building or maintaining massively multiplayer online infrastructure
- An understanding of Smart Contracts and consensus techniques, as well as experience developing blockchain apps or proofs-of-concept (POCs) in Solidity on Ethereum
- A strong interest in our web3 game: Castaways
1. Work in our inspiring Seattle office or Remote.
2. Platinum tier health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for by us for you and your dependents.
3. Unlimited paid time off and sick leave policies.
4. 401(k) with employer matching.
Branch is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Branch considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Branch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.