DCN Senior Systems Engineer
England Remote /
Engineering – Systems_SRE /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
The Data Centre and Networks(DCN) team at Brandwatch look after servers, switching and routing hardware to maintain tens of thousands of CPU cores, terabytes of memory and petabytes of storage used to provide Brandwatch services to customers. The DCN team are responsible for the whole data centre stack up to Kubernetes. You will work closely with the data infrastructure team who look after our big data systems and our Developer platform and SRE teams that provide services on top of Kubernetes and monitoring infrastructure.
We are open to remote working, if you are a highly experienced systems engineer we can drop the need to visit UK data centres regularly, but the entire team are expected to help out with data centre work as required.
Our tech stack:
- We don’t expect you to know everything about the systems we use, but you will be exposed to and have a chance to learn about the following:
- Linux (mostly Debian)
- Juniper networks
- Virtualization (libvirt/kvm)
Your role will include:
- Full lifecycle management of all hardware in all data centres
- Linux provisioning and rebuilds
- Responding to monitoring alarms and tracking performance metrics
- Diagnose and fix hardware and software issues
- Actioning and resolving tickets from other Brandwatch engineers
- Dealing with suppliers, checking in deliveries, processing RMAs and managing stock
- Working with on site data centre staff to resolve environment and power issues
- Deploying/maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Some Travelling between London Hayes and Maidstone (full EU driving licence required)
You will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- A desire to learn, the systems we use will change and evolve over time.
- One of the following:
- Education in computing, networking, or electronics
- Experience of systems administration, site reliability engineering, DevOps, IT support
- Experience with a distributed system (ideally Kubernetes)
- Installed and used at least one of Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Illumos or NetBSD
- Ability to lift 10 kg (racking servers if needed)
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.