Engineering – Applications /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
The Data Ingestion team owns the data ingestion pipelines for Brandwatch products that bring in more than 500M documents/day and feed the Brandwatch infrastructure on the terabyte to petabyte level.
- As Engineering Manager for the Data Ingestion team, your responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing a team of engineers to design, build, test, and deliver the data-ingestion roadmap, as well as maintain and support our existing ingestion pipelines.
- Not all our Engineering Managers write code, but there is flexibility depending on team size and individual career aspirations to stay “hands-on” - we anticipate no more than ⅓ of your time will be with “hands-on” technical work.
- People management: Supporting and growing your team and the individuals within it, Hiring and onboarding new engineers onto the team, Identifying and managing performance issues should they arise.
- Team culture: Build trust with your team and foster a team culture of collaboration and continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, Delivery Management, and R&D Leadership to understand the context of the team’s work and ensure we are always focused on the right problems.
You should apply if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a software-engineering role
- You have previous experience in engineering management (1+ years) or have demonstrated leadership skills whilst working as part of an engineering team (for example, as a tech lead or senior/staff engineer) and wish to make the move into engineering management.
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.