Brighton, England /
Operations – Finance /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
Brandwatch is forging the path for the next level of social intelligence. We have already created the best Enterprise Social Intelligence platform in the world, but that’s just the start. We’re on a mission to bring together the things we do well - engineering, design and understanding customer needs - to help businesses and brands prove and optimise the value of their marketing in an ever-changing social world. We are creating new products and solutions that enhance the intelligence our customers get from social data, to help them make smarter and quicker business decisions. Better. Bolder. More Brilliant.
Are you a dynamic, experienced Accountant with a passion for teamwork, accuracy and all things finance? We have an open position for a Financial Accountant, based in the UK. Here at Brandwatch you would be joining the Financial Operations team who are responsible for a broad range of accounting tasks across our global business. This is an opportunity to join and grow with an exciting company and work with a diverse, friendly global finance team. This role reports to the Senior Controller of Financial Operations.
What you'll do:
- Perform daily bookkeeping and related tasks such as booking accruals and provisions, updating fixed asset schedules, running depreciation and amortization, and bank related entries.
- Coordinate and/or prepare necessary VAT reporting for your responsible entities.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of resp. Balance Sheet accounts and investigate any discrepancies
- Delivers accurate and timely period end accounts, ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies, as well as local and group accounting standards.
- Play a key role in the month-end close and reporting process for the entire group.
- Prepares monthly, annual, and ad hoc financial reports in accordance with close/audits and other timetables of the entities.
- Participate in the optimization of finance processes across departments and entities.
- Contribute to and lead finance projects where required.
- Preserves, shares and transfers knowledge to other team members.
What you should have:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Degree level, or similar qualification in Accounting or Finance
- Good knowledge in accounting practices
- Ability to communicate and interact well with business partners and colleagues
- Good command of English Language
- Willingness and ability to work in a team, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Close attention to detail and ability to work independently
What we offer:
- Holiday - 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, ability to carry 5 days over each year.
- Sick days - 10 days of sick leave is paid
- Pension contribution – employer contribution up to 5% on a matched basis
- Health cash plan employer paid at level 3. (Option to upgrade plan to level 4,5 or 6 + add family members at employee's expense); Group life assurance - employer paid
- Sport benefit - gym/sport membership contribution - 50% or up to 25 GBP per month employer contribution
- Cycle to work; Employee discounts platform - through Reward Gateway
- Dental insurance - preference premiums at employee’s cost + option to add family members
- Employee assistance plan (EAP) & Full Calm subscription
- Maternity/parental leave policy & Sabbatical leave policy
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.