Senior UX Researcher
Denmark Remote /
Product – Design /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
About the team you’ll be joining:
Our Product Design team operates with representation split across some of our company's offices (Brighton, New York, Berlin, Copenhagen, Budapest, Sofia, Chennai) and some more EU/UK-based remote locations. Together, the Product Design team covers a wide range of skills from pure research to pure visual design as well as a number of people with a blend of skills in between.
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for designing and leading strategic research projects that provide senior stakeholders with rich user insights. You are comfortable navigating uncertainty and are able to adapt to the change that emerges along the path of your project deliverables. Above all, you recognise, grab and cherish opportunities for personal and professional growth.
You will lead strategic and evaluative research and play a key role in helping the team continue its journey towards higher stages of the UX maturity model (Nielsen Norman Group). Moreover, you might get involved in existing projects or initiate your own needs-based ones.
Examples of existing initiatives include:
-Designing and propagating the adoption of an intuitive tagging taxonomy for our research repository.
-Being a part of designing, testing and implementing a recruitment strategy for our team.
-Host research sessions for the broader organisation.
You’ll report to our Director of UX Research.
What you"ll do:
- Independently plan and execute the research roadmap for your area of responsibility
- Design and lead mix-method studies using a wide range of research methods and approaches
- Facilitate engaging and impactful user requirement sessions and workshops
- Measure the success of actionable insights to evaluate the success or failures of product deliverables
- Mentor and constructively critique fellow researchers and empower designers and PM's to do their own research
How you'll do it:
- You will identify short, mid and long-term research needs in collaboration with relevant stakeholders and lead strategic research studies (brand and/or product specific)
- Analyse and triangulate qualitative and quantitative data in collaboration with other insight departments in order to generate tactical insights and actionable recommendations that drive product design improvements and innovation
- Relay complex information in a simple, clear and concise manner ensuring that insights go straight to the heart and brain of a variety of stakeholders - from developers to senior management
What you have:
- You have at least 4 years of significant experience working as a UX researcher applying qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You have a degree in Cognitive Science, Design Research, Human-Computer Interaction, Ethnography, Anthropology, Psychology, Service design or equivalent work experience.
- You have a passion for user research. You are the user's number one advocate and are an internal evangelist of user-centred design.
- You have strong communication skills in both written and oral form as well as strong influencing and relationship-building skills.
- You are a natural collaborator and storyteller. You are able to work independently and with other researchers as well as take your stakeholders on a journey with you.
- You have high working standards and the drive to take initiative beyond your day-to-day research projects.
- You are naturally empathetic, curious, creative and passionate about experimenting, failing and learning as you go along.
- You are interested in improving and innovating existing processes and have experience leading initiatives aimed at improving team efficiency.
- You keep up with industry trends and share your knowledge with the team.
Nice to have:
- You have experience working within a B2B or SaaS organisation.
- You have experience contributing to and maintaining a research repository including collaborating with and engaging stakeholders to actively use the repository.
- You have experience with UX Outcomes, design metrics and how to quantify research outcomes.
- You are familiar with doing basic statistics, eg. finding out if data is significant and finding the right amount of participants.
- You are familiar with customer journey mapping and the creation of personas.
- You have experience conducting competitive analyses and market research
What we offer:
- 25 days of vacation per year
- The employee is covered by the company’s pension and insurance scheme
- Catered lunch plan everyday on weekdays, as well as a nice selection for breakfast
- Excellent hardware bundle
- Full Calm subscription, 24/7 Employment Assistance Program
- Informal, friendly, welcoming environment focused on people, learning & development
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.