Kraków, Poland /
Engineering – Applications /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
Brandwatch is looking for a new member for the Publish team. You will be part of a cross-functional and autonomous product team responsible to provide solutions to ideate, plan and publish content to social media like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Twitter.
As Backend Engineer in Brandwatch, you are responsible for developing high-quality code that can improve current solutions, or provide new functionalities to our clients. You will be part of the entire journey that brings a feature from a discovery state to delivery on production.
If you are interested in people management, we’ll help you grow into the role of Team Lead.
In this role, you will:
- Improve and maintain the backend stack of Publish while contributing ideas and feedback to the rest of your backend colleagues.
- Uphold a high-quality standard in the backend stack in collaboration with other teams
- Deliver well-tested and scalable solutions.
- Act as a sparring partner to various members of the team
- Proactively share and debate best practices with your peers.
We are looking for people with:
- At least 3 years of Java experience
- Solid understanding of APIs and contracts
- Familiarity with micro-services and domain-driven designIntimate knowledge of the Spring Framework and the Spring ecosystem (although other similar frameworks are also fine)
- Some prior exposure to distributed, eventually consistent systems
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka and PostgreSQL - the more the better
- Experience in building and debugging complex systems
- Some exposure to reactive programming (is welcome)
- Proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes
- The ability to write concise, to the point and idiomatic code in Java
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks and end-to-end testing
- Excellent skills in communication and teamwork
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Good fluency in English
- Prior experience with people management is a plus
- Candidate has to be located permanently in Poland
What we offer:
- 💰Salary 16k - 23k gross/month on the Permanent Employment Contract
- 🏝26 vacation days
- 💻MacBook Pro or equivalent
- 🏡Possibility to work fully remote or in the office in Kraków
- 🛀🏽Full Calm subscription, 24/7 Employment Assistance Program
- ✅Professional approach to software development
- 🤝Informal, friendly, welcoming environment focused on people, learning & development
- ⌚️Flexible working hours
- Authentic - We value openness and integrity, and strive for both between our colleagues and customers.
- Bold - We value fearlessness and conviction, and encourage our employees to push the company forward.
- Creative - We value originality and curiosity, and apply both to our work at all levels and in all areas.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.