Research Consultant (Japanese Speaker)
Australia Remote /
Professional Services – Strategy & Insights /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
As a Research Consultant in the Strategy & Insights team, you will manage a portfolio of accounts, serving as their strategic consultant and identifying pertinent research questions to fill business-critical information gaps. You will undertake and oversee analysis that supports our clients’ business needs. In addition, you will partner closely with members of the Customer Success Management and Account Management teams on overall account strategy and management. We are a big team of over 40 people with diverse backgrounds and varied experience. This means you'll get to learn from highly creative, supportive and curious individuals with a hunger for understanding people.
What you will do:
- Own a portfolio of accounts, managing the development, execution and delivery of custom research projects and serving as a strategic advisor.
- Effectively manage project teams of analysts and/or freelancers, collaborating closely on deliverables and client relationships, and overseeing.
- Oversee client communication and ensure project delivery is on time and on target.
- Undertake complex data analysis to provide insights answering client business questions.
- Review client deliverables created by analysts and/or freelancers for substance, accuracy, spelling/grammar and provide constructive feedback.
- Represent the team in client-facing meetings and present to internal and external audiences.
How you will do:
- Help develop new methodologies, delivery mechanisms, visualisations, external data integrations, and tools to deliver premier research capabilities.
- Gain an understanding of the full range of Brandwatch products.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and broader research trends.
- Support the upskilling and development of team members.
- Travel might be required by some clients, but it’s not the norm. International travel for business is not currently required due to Covid-19.
What you have:
- 5+ years of commercial research experience, preferably with exposure to consumer insights and social media research.
- Proficient in English and Japanese.
- Ability to create compelling narratives and innovative data visualisations in report deliverables.
- Willingness and capacity to coach more junior team members.
- Superb business writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Technical aptitude for learning new software and conducting both quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Strong level of competency in Excel (including formulas, pivot tables & charting), Word and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
- Flexible and remote working.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Become a part of a high performing team at a high growth company.
- An extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program.
- Community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
- Authentic - We value openness and integrity, and strive for both between our colleagues and customers.
- Bold - We value fearlessness and conviction, and encourage our employees to push the company forward.
- Creative - We value originality and curiosity, and apply both to our work at all levels and in all areas.
*Our recruitment process is entirely remote for your safety!* #LI-DA1
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.