Senior Software Engineer
Engineering – Applications /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
As an experienced engineer, you will be working within a team that builds the processing and storage platform at the heart of some of our core products. Together with the other senior developers on the team and our product manager, you would build new functionality into the platform, optimising performance to handle the large volumes of data processed every day
What you'll do:
- Work with the Content Infrastructure teams to grow and evolve the core data processing and storage systems of our platform
- Working with the Product Manager and Engineering Lead to translate requirements into technical solutions
- Help with hiring, training, onboarding and mentoring of team members
You will have:
- Solid knowledge of Java and Spring Framework.
- A thorough understanding of SQL databases.
- Good understanding of containerization systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kafka or similar technology.
- Experience working in data-intensive environments
- Knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- Sick days - 10 days of sick leave is paid
- Holiday - 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, ability to carry 5 days over each year.
- Pension contribution – employer contribution up to 5% on a matched basis
- Health cash plan employer paid at level 3. (Option to upgrade plan to level 4,5 or 6 + add family members at employee's expense); Group life assurance - employer paid
- Sports benefit - gym/sport membership contribution - 50% or up to 25 GBP per month employer contribution
- Cycle to work; Employee discounts platform - through Reward Gateway
- Dental insurance - preference premiums at employee’s cost + option to add family members
- Employee assistance plan (EAP) & Full Headspace subscription
- Maternity/parental leave policy & Sabbatical leave policy
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.