Brighton, England /
Engineering – Management /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
This role is for an Engineering Manager to act as Team Lead for a globally-distributed, cross-functional team responsible for working on Brandwatch's Reviews product, a standalone offering that allows clients to pull in product reviews and gain actionable insights about those reviews: what customers are saying, how they feel about the products, and which ones they are likely to purchase. Reviews is one of several products within our Consumer Insights division, which itself is part of the larger R&D organization. The team itself consists of software and QA engineers, and a product manager and designer.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Product Manager to plan the strategic direction of the product, create and update a product roadmap, write tickets, and coordinate the (Agile) software development lifecycle
- Help the PM to understand the development cost of features and provide alternative solutions to particular user stories
- Collaborate with the PM and designer to ideate new features
- Mentor the software engineers on the team through weekly one-on-one conversations, code reviews, and anything else they may need
- Work with dedicated support staff to coordinate the client support response for the team & product
- Help fix bugs, set up and tune infrastructure, and work on new features and enhancements
- Work with leaders and individual contributors across the larger R&D organization to make the Reviews product the best it can be
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience running cross-functional engineering and product teams of up to a dozen people
- Strong leadership skills: ability to mentor team members, challenge ideas effectively and collaborate in a manner that drives decisions and business outcomes
- Experience building web scrapers is a plus
- You are able to combine a focus on detail and structure, with thinking strategically and at high level
- You lead by example, inspiring the people around you to continuously improve themselves and their work
- The ability to represent your team with a variety of (senior) stakeholders, not afraid to proactively push the interest of your team and the product you manage
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
What we offer:
- Sick days - 10 days of sick leave is paid
- Holiday - 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, ability to carry 5 days over each year.
- Pension contribution – employer contribution up to 5% on a matched basis
- Health cash plan employer paid at level 3. (Option to upgrade plan to level 4,5 or 6 + add family members at employee's expense); Group life assurance - employer paid
- Sports benefit - gym/sport membership contribution - 50% or up to 25 GBP per month employer contribution
- Cycle to work; Employee discounts platform - through Reward Gateway
- Dental insurance - preference premiums at employee’s cost + option to add family members
- Employee assistance plan (EAP) & Full Headspace subscription
- Maternity/parental leave policy & Sabbatical leave policy
*The role allows working from any city in England.
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.