DCN Network Engineer
England Remote /
Engineering – Systems_SRE /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
The Data Centre and Networks(DCN) team at Brandwatch look after servers, switching and routing hardware and the software on top. To maintain thousands of CPU cores, terabytes of memory and petabytes of storage used to provide Brandwatch services to customers.
The DCN team are responsible for the whole data centre stack up to Kubernetes. Outside the team, you will work closely with the data infrastructure team who look after our big data systems and our Developer platform and SRE teams that provide services on top of Kubernetes and monitoring infrastructure.
Our network tech stack:
- We love open source software and the server stack is: Debian Linux, libvirt/kvm, Kubernetes, Ceph, Kafka, etc. No VMware, no SAN, no Windows.
- We dabbled in Cumulus and are intrigued about SONiC, but are still a big Juniper shop.
- OSPF & BGP routing
- Multiple sites and presence in IXP
- Juniper SRX Firewalls
- Juniper QFX switching
- Ansible and python automation
- Kubernetes CNI
Your role will include configuration and troubleshooting of:
- Stateful Firewalls
- Kubernetes CNI
- Cabling issues
You will have:
- Experience in a network related role ( 2-4 years)
- Relevant CCNP or JNCIP certification (e.g. Data centre, Enterprise or Service provider)
- Understanding of stateful firewalls
- Knowledge of Routing protocols BGP, OSPF and network topologies
- Awareness of Security exploits and vulnerabilities
- TCP/ IPv4 and IPv6
- Ability to troubleshoot layer 2 (ARP and MAC address tables as well as LACP and MC-LAG)
- Ability to troubleshoot DNS problems
- Used Network monitoring tools
- Experience with common network cabling
- Ability to drive to the Data Centre
- Experience with RIPE
- Good understanding of MANRS and RPKI
- Experience with IPv6 rollout
- Juniper specific knowledge and experience
- Located near South East London
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.