Senior Software Engineer
England Remote /
Engineering – Applications /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join our development team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using modern front-end technologies such as: React, Redux, Webpack, &c. . You will also be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebase.
In addition, experience developing and maintaining server-side code in Node and Express, as well as working with PostgreSQL databases, is a plus.
About the team:
- Brandwatch is looking for a new member for the Embedded Apps team. You will be part of a cross-functional and autonomous product team responsible for developing a customizable web application for embedding within our partners' platforms to provide "light social listening" functionality, which allows our partners to understand and engage with customers on social media, and examine and explore their digital consumer insights.
In this role, you will:
- Meet the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Troubleshooting and debugging application code.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
We are looking for people with:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience
- Previous experience working as a React.js developer.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Knowledge of performance and unit testing frameworks (e.g. Jest).Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Permanently located in the UK
What we offer:
- 25 vacation days
- Health insurance + dental care
- Sodexo vouchers
- Option for an annual public transport card for the whole transport network
- Option for a Multisport card (employee covers only half the price)
- A variety of flexible benefits through Re:benefit platform using a monthly budget
- Excellent hardware bundle
- Possibility to work fully remote
- Full Calm subscription, 24/7 Employment Assistance Program
- Informal, friendly, welcoming environment focused on people, learning & development
- Authentic - We value openness and integrity, and strive for both between our colleagues and customers.
- Bold - We value fearlessness and conviction, and encourage our employees to push the company forward.
- Creative - We value originality and curiosity, and apply both to our work at all levels and in all areas.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.