Engineering – Applications /
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
Brandwatch is looking for a new member for the Marketplace & Integrations team. You will be part of a new cross-functional and autonomous product team responsible for delivering integrations with other SaaS platforms. We have ambitious targets in the team to support multiple integrations in seamless ways, these include case management, automation and productivity use cases. The work will be a mix of learning the products we have in Brandwatch and bringing them to life with integrations with popular SaaS tools.
As a Backend Engineer in Brandwatch, you will be responsible for developing high-quality code that can improve our current solutions, or provide new functionality to our customers. You will be part of the entire journey that brings a feature from a discovery state to delivery on production.
What you'll do:
- Will be responsible for building, running and maintaining the backend stack of the Marketplace team
- Contributing ideas and feedback to the rest of your backend and full-stack colleagues
- You will care about how your work impacts our users, and champion doing the right thing by them
- Uphold a high-quality standard in the backend stack in collaboration with other team
- Deliver well-tested and scalable solutions
- Act as a sparring partner to various members of the team
- Have fun! The team is newly formed and we would like to make sure we enjoy the journey of taking Brandwatch to the next level with integrations to support our customers use cases.
What you have:
- Excellent skills in communication and teamwork
- Familiar with and enjoy working in an agile way
- A want to master the craft of software engineering
- An ability to write concise, to the point and maintainable code in Java. Currently, we are working in Java 17
- Knowledge of Spring Framework or other general application frameworks. We are using Spring Framework with Spring Boot
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks and end-to-end testing, like JUnit and Mockito
- A working knowledge of Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes - the more the better
- A willingness and aptitude to influence the technical, architectural direction of our product
- Understanding of APIs
- Familiarity with micro-services
- Experience working with event-driven systems
- Good fluency in English
- Bonus points for knowing what or experience with using iPaaS solutions
What we offer:
- 25 vacation days and extra vacation days after age and after children
- Cafeteria benefit via SZEP card - allowances for catering, accommodation, leisure time or cash (cash option is taxed). SZEP is an electronic voucher, common in Hungary, similar to a bank card
- Medicover private health insurance for employees and their family members
- 100% paid sick leave
- Excellent hardware bundle
- Possibility to work fully remote
- Full Calm subscription, 24/7 Employment Assistance Program
- Informal, friendly, welcoming environment focused on people, learning & development
*Only applications with location Hungary will be accepted.
We Act with Care - We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride - We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change - We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.