Technical Program Manager, Hardware
San Carlos, CA
What We're About
At Brewbird, we believe in building a sustainable future in coffee. We’re developing a technology platform to scale the $100 billion specialty coffee market, while working with top local and national roasters to bring the highest quality cup of coffee to every home and office. Brewbird is backed by some of the world’s best venture funds. We’re a passionate team of builders who use technology to craft elegant and delightful solutions to challenging real world problems.
What You'll Be Working On
As the first technical program manager, you will report to the VP of Engineering and help masterfully orchestrate our engineering efforts. We are looking for a service-minded facilitator that can proactively advance engineering milestones and establish best practices for our small and highly integrated business. If you love being that one that brings order, presents creative solutions, and builds productive relationships, come drink some coffee with us!
This role will be based in the company’s headquarters, located in San Carlos, CA. The salary range for this role is $120,000 - $170,000 / year.
- Manage new & existing product builds and unit allocation, working closely with the internal service, support and manufacturing teams, external contractors, suppliers, etc.
- Develop best practices to move us towards high standards of quality and predictability, manage dependencies, optimize resources and identify risks in a dynamic and always-evolving environment
- Align and coach teams on tradeoff decisions, with an attitude that combines on-the-ground realism with long-term optimism
- Be a collaborative and effective communicator - translate data into digestible visuals, provide an appropriate cadence of updates to our various stakeholders, and consistently act as the point of cohesion on the team
- Take point on streamlining certification & compliance efforts
- Work in close liaison between customer and engineering teams, contributing to and communicating out from the PRD and driving schedule around it
- Have a general willingness to jump in and contribute where there are gaps
- Ideally 5+ years of technical program management experience for a hardware product
- Experience managing integrated software and hardware programs
- Deep experience managing validation and production builds
- Deep experience seeing hardware programs through from concept to launch
- Must come from a technical background, with relevant engineering degree strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineers alike
- Ability to travel internationally up to ~15%
Our core values ☕
- We operate with a spirit of generosity. We go the extra mile to act in ways that allow others to experience happiness, success and fulfillment - in big ways and small. We believe acting and communicating openly, honestly and generously is a virtuous cycle.
- We do the work that truly matters. There's so much we can do, and so we ruthlessly focus on the things that allow us to have the most impact. To us, results matter more than hours worked or time spent. We protect our time and are considerate of the time of others so that we can all be at our best in work and life.
- We believe in joining forces. We bring people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives together to accomplish far more than we ever could alone. When we don't know something, we ask. We believe in supporting each other and ultimately hold ourselves accountable to each person that makes up the Brewbird whole - our customers, roasting partners, employees and more.
- We prove bold ambition and integrity can co-exist. We're in it for the long haul. We set big, audacious goals - ones that make our hearts proud - and take the responsibility that comes with them seriously. We're honest with ourselves and others about where we are and what we're working on. We keep on keeping on with persistence and seek to master the art of resilience along the way.
- We cultivate joy, together. For us, coffee is ultimately about feeling good. And, we believe the best things in life are experienced together. We're motivated by genuine human interaction. Work and productivity have their time and important place, yet we're not "nothing but business" kind of people. We believe in bringing people together to celebrate life's moments - big and small.
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a commuter stipend for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.