Pod Production Associate (Part-Time)
Belmont, CA /
Operations and Supply Chain /
What We're About
At Brewbird, we believe in building a sustainable future in coffee. We’re developing a technology platform to scale the $100 billion specialty coffee market, while working with top local and national roasters to bring the highest quality cup of coffee to every home and office. Brewbird is backed by some of the world’s best venture funds. We’re a passionate team of builders who use technology to craft elegant and delightful solutions to challenging real world problems. Come drink some coffee with us!
What You'll Be Working On
As a part-time production associate, you will be responsible for in-house coffee production in a timely, clean and efficient manner. This role carries the great responsibility to protect all the hard work invested in the coffee beans we purchase from our roaster partners, maintaining their freshness as we fulfill customer orders. You will be reporting to our Strategic Programs Manager.
This role will be based in the company’s warehouse in Belmont, CA. Your schedule will be 20-30 hours every other week, up to 8-hour day shifts at a time, with occasional on-call responsibilities as communicated by your manager. This is an hourly, non-exempt role at $20-$25/hr.
- Operate the production assembly line & machinery, in accordance with safety and quality assurance standards
- Assemble and fill cartons with produced pods
- Refill production components as necessary throughout production cycle
- Read work orders to determine the type of work that needs to be done, materials that need to be used, and other relevant details
- Use computers to operate machinery, track inventory and document work progress
- Shipping and receiving of raw materials and finished goods
- Assist in delivery of orders to mail offices (USPS, FEDEX, DHL) or coordinate pick-ups
- Pick and pack sales orders
- Sweep, vacuum, mop to maintain a safe and clean work environment
Desired Qualifications ✅
- Experience on production lines using large mechanical equipment, or similar experience that requires monitoring of production flow
- Familiar with order management software
- Familiar with ship-station or similar shipping platforms
- Familiar with general warehousing principles, including safety and cleanliness standards
- Must be detail-oriented and experience with basic machine / production line troubleshooting
- Ability to access elevated locations (i.e. top storage shelves, machine hopper, etc.) using ladders
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
Our core values ☕
- We operate with a spirit of generosity. We go the extra mile to act in ways that allow others to experience happiness, success and fulfillment - in big ways and small. We believe acting and communicating openly, honestly and generously is a virtuous cycle.
- We do the work that truly matters. There's so much we can do, and so we ruthlessly focus on the things that allow us to have the most impact. To us, results matter more than hours worked or time spent. We protect our time and are considerate of the time of others so that we can all be at our best in work and life.
- We believe in joining forces. We bring people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives together to accomplish far more than we ever could alone. When we don't know something, we ask. We believe in supporting each other and ultimately hold ourselves accountable to each person that makes up the Brewbird whole - our customers, roasting partners, employees and more.
- We prove bold ambition and integrity can co-exist. We're in it for the long haul. We set big, audacious goals - ones that make our hearts proud - and take the responsibility that comes with them seriously. We're honest with ourselves and others about where we are and what we're working on. We keep on keeping on with persistence and seek to master the art of resilience along the way.
- We cultivate joy, together. For us, coffee is ultimately about feeling good. And, we believe the best things in life are experienced together. We're motivated by genuine human interaction. Work and productivity have their time and important place, yet we're not "nothing but business" kind of people. We believe in bringing people together to celebrate life's moments - big and small.
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to competitive hourly pay, you will be eligible to take holidays off and start accruing sick leave after your first 30 days of employment. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, flexible work environment, and a commuter stipend.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.