San Mateo, CA
Do you love awesome coffee? Yeah, we thought so. At Brewbird, you are going to make tech that will transform everyone into a champion barista (unless you already happen to be one). As a core member of our engineering team, you will be involved in all stages of design and development, from initial concepts and architecture design, to testing and launch into offices and homes.
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and coffee, Brewbird is building technology to make it easy and affordable for everyone to have a perfect cup of coffee where they live and work. And we want you to be a part of it. We're backed by some of the best venture funds in the Bay Area, as well as numerous industry leaders and veterans. If you are excited to work at the ground level and get deeply involved in all facets of engineering (all the while drinking the best coffee), we would love to chat with you!
What You'll Be Working On
Brewbird is seeking a well-rounded electrical engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us fundamentally change how people access coffee. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with our embedded software engineer to derive technical specifications based on product level requirements. You will own architecture selection, electrical design, schematic, layout, and validation of electronic PCBAs and multi-component electrical systems.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 3+ years of related industry experience
- Experience with embedded systems design, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C and UART), analog design, sensor integration, low power design, high power design, and various wireless technologies
- Experience using eCAD tools for schematic capture, layout, and analysis
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Ability to be hands-on in the lab and want to be in the details (soldering, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including ability to design and verify circuits in the analog domain
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to successfully deliver products to market
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, company sponsored team lunches, unlimited coffee/beverages, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.