Family Coach Associate
South Ward Children's Alliance (SWCA) Positions
The mission of the South Ward Children’s Alliance (SWCA) is to dramatically improve the trajectory of children’s lives, making it possible for them to success to and through college and career.
To learn more about SWCA, please visit http://www.swcalliance.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BRICK operates two divisions - a school management division and a two-generation strategy. The two-generation strategy is the South Ward Children's Alliance, the backbone organization that is building a cradle to career pipeline in the South Ward of Newark. BRICK is looking for an individual who will help build our organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The Family Coach-Associate for the South Ward Children’s Alliance works in The Family Hub case management division to execute our mission by in supporting vulnerable children and families in need of assistance. They are responsible for helping parents find community services and resources for themselves and their children. They report directly to the the Family Hub Director.
- Help families build resiliency as they face changes and challenges in their lives through strengths based case management, SWCA programming, and partnerships.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of family’s needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals and develop their case management plan.
- Research and acquire knowledge about community based and governmental resources, such as food stamps, housing, and child care, to refer families to and support them throughout the process.
- Help families work with government agencies to apply for and receive benefits such as Medicare.
- Conduct weekly touchpoints with caseload as well as monthly home visits.
- Accompany families to appointments when applicable.
- Respond to crisis situations such as fires, child abuse, food insecurity, and housing issues as needed.
- Advocate for and help families get resources that would improve their well-being and support children that are in school.
- Follow up with families to ensure that their case management goals are met and create aftercare plans as needed.
- Participate in weekly data driven supervision meetings with the Family Hub Director.
ORGANIZATION WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in developing and maintaining relationships with multiple SWCA partners, particularly school social workers.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of SWCA workshops and events as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials, forms, and grant reports as needed.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of all documentation for Hub files, Hub data, and generate reports as needed.
- Be present for site visits as deemed necessary by the Family Hub Director.
- Be accessible via company phone and email.
- Attend all relevant trainings and professional developments sessions as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree is social service field required. Master’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience working with children and families from strengths based approaches to case management required.
- Reliable transportation.
- Relevant experience and training related to trauma and crisis response and intervention.
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges and to be solution oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to some work late nights and weekends and be responsive on company phone for emergencies.
- Bilingual helpful but not necessary.
SALARY, GOALS AND EMPLOYMENT PERIOD
- Salary Range: Based Upon Experience / Performance Contract
- Employment Period: Twelve Months
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401 K
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.