Building Responsible Intelligent Creative Kids (BRICK) aims to place all children on a positive life trajectory by providing our students with the academic and character skills they need to be college-ready, and by addressing the elements of adversity that impede their academic success so that they can all become successful adults.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization that focuses on turning around chronically failing schools and starting high performing schools. We are looking for an individual who will help build an organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
This Custodian role is a school position in which the custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of a school building. This includes, but is not limited to, daily cleaning, scrubbing, and repairs as needed. The candidate we’re looking for is focused on building upkeep and is detail oriented. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to identify issues and come up with quick solutions.
Job Type:Non-Instructional Support Staff
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Reports to: School Operations Manager
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Essential Functions
- The custodian will be responsible for providing custodial and maintenance support to the Achieve Community Charter School campus. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Making minor repairs to any mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues that arise
- Daily cleaning of all shared spaces and property in accordance to Achieve standards
- Respond to any student accidents, spills, and urgent needs
- Perform cleaning functions such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash cans, sanitizing bathrooms and cleaning desktops.
- Ability to assist teachers and administrators with any request such as moving furniture, replacing light bulbs, and helping with deliveries.
- Ability to perform repairs on desks, chairs, and school equipment
- Ability to assemble any furniture that is ordered by the School Operations Manager
- Routinely inspects building to ensure that everything is in working condition
- Must be able to arrange equipment or furniture for events or meetings
- Must have worked in a school or in a professional setting
- Ability to lift, bend, and pull more than 50 pounds
- Must have great interpersonal skills.
- Must have general electrical, plumbing and mechanical experience
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
Salary Range: Competitive compensation package
Employment Period: 12-month contract to be renewed based on performance
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits