Building Responsible Intelligent Creative Kids (BRICK) aims to place all children on a positive life trajectory by providing our students with the academic and character skills they need to be college-ready, and by addressing the elements of adversity that impede their academic success so that they can all become successful adults.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization that focuses on turning around chronically failing schools and starting high performing schools. We are looking for an individual who will help build an organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The school Nurse is to provide physical, emotional, mental and social services to scholars and staff. The school nurse with collaborate with the school social worker, teachers, child study team and the operations team. The school nurse will work with the operations team to ensure that the school is in compliance with all health regulations and policies. The school nurse must be certified in the state of New Jersey.
Job Type:Non-Instructional Support Staff
Start Date: August 2018
Reports to: School Operations Manager
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of a complete up to date student health record. Such records include, but are not limited to immunization data, T.B. testing, screenings, referrals, follow-up required and specific medical condition
- Administer medication to students in accordance with law, Policy, and Regulation 5330
- Follow protocols that provide for crisis intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Manages student health records; Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers and counselors
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Maintains and requests orders for equipment/supplies for nurse’s office and first aid station
- Periodically participating in events outside of normal school hours such as family nights, student performances and teacher–parent conferences.
- Candidate must be a certified school nurse - licensed not only by the New Jersey Board of Nursing but by the Department of Education
- Able to collaborate with different stake holders
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
Salary Range: Competitive compensation package
Employment Period: 10.5-month contract to be renewed based on performance
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits