Data Analyst Coordinator
BRICK Empowerment Office Positions
Building Responsible Intelligent Creative Kids (BRICK) aims to place all children on a positive life trajectory by providing our students with the academic and character skills they need to be college-ready, and by addressing the elements of adversity that impede their academic success so that they can all become successful adults.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BRICK operates two divisions - a school management division and a two-generation strategy. The two-generation strategy is the South Ward Children's Alliance, the backbone organization that is building a cradle to career pipeline in the South Ward of Newark. BRICK is looking for an individual who will help build our organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The Director of Data Analytics will oversee the BRICK data team. This will include managing IT initiatives for a moderate size organization that includes a charter school and office staff. The role will involve managing contracts with network engineers that set up the IT infrastructure. Additionally, the Director of Data Analytics will oversee the creation and maintenance of all data tools and processes. This will include, but not be limited to, Quickbase, Salesforce, and Tableau platforms. The ideal candidate has both leadership experience managing others, moderate IT knowledge to manage external contracts, and significant experience with building and maintaining Salesforce applications. Experience working with schools and/or social service agencies is preferred.
- Data Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the management and maintenance of Tableau visualizations. Visualizations should be updated automatically within 24 hours of a testing window closing
- Direct, hands on, management of Salesforce platform - including building applications and maintaining the Salesforce ECM application
- Working with 15+ partners within the South Ward Children's Alliance Promise Neighborhood to collect, organize, clean, and upload their data to the Salesforce ECM platform. This process will need automated within the first year of operation
- Ability to analyze and report data instantly to push continuous improvement
- Create additional technological solutions to streamline data analysis and support ongoing reflection and improvement
- Technical Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the creation of API integrations – particularly those involving single sign on
- Familiarity with cloud based hosting platforms like Rackspace and AWS
- Working knowledge of database management (MS SQL, MySQL, ETC.)
- Experience with process management and process change implementation
- Working knowledge of programming in .Net or .Com
- Experience with Salesforce
- Oversee the management of school networks, software and hardware infrastructures
- Managerial Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee a team of 2-4 people that include hardware experts, software experts, and data analysts
- Manage SWCAPN longitudinal database, data visualizations in Tableau, and case management software in Salesforce that 12+ partners access and use
- Stay in close communication with Chief Performance Officer on data collection, reporting, and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s Degree preferred. Ideal course study would be Data Analytics, Computer Science or Business Information Systems
- At least two years of leadership experience - ideally working directly with schools or social service agencies
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Experience working with Salesforce and building applications within Salesforce
- On-call availability outside of normal business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Valid drivers license and mode of transportation required for travel between school and office locations
Salary, Goals, and Employment
- Salary Range: Competitive compensation package
- Full time
- Employment Period: Twelve Months
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and 401K
- The Data Director's performance will be evaluated through staff and partner satisfaction as reported on annual surveys, as well as through meeting all objectives and tasks.
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.