BRICK Empowerment Office Positions
Building Responsible Intelligent Creative Kids (BRICK) aims to place all children on a positive life trajectory by providing our students with the academic and character skills they need to be college-ready, and by addressing the elements of adversity that impede their academic success so that they can all become successful adults.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization that focuses on turning around chronically failing schools and starting high performing schools. We are looking for an individual who will help build an organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Director of External Relations and Communications and is responsible for managing BRICK’s student recruitment and retention strategies, developing community partnerships, managing social media and a part-time canvassing team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can manage many competing priorities and constituents, and can work efficiently under deadlines. The position goal is
School enrollment is at least at 95% at all times.
Summary of Tasks
- Recruitment and Retention
- Responsible for implementing BRICK’s recruitment strategy across all regions.
- Community Building
- Develops and maintains community relationships with pre-schools, daycares, churches, and after-school programs to support enrollment efforts.
- Social Media Marketing
- Use social media outlets (Facebook and Instagram) to increase interest in BRICK schools and virtually recruit new families.
- Canvassing Team
- Develop all logistics for canvassing team, maintain time-sheets, monitor application collection, and provide team with all necessary canvassing materials.
- Develops and maintains the recruitment calendar
- Manages part-time canvassing team
- Manages social media recruitment campaigns
- Schedule and coordinate community visits, and attends school fairs
- Initiates, plans, and executes special projects/events
- Works with parents and volunteers to assist in the recruitment process
- Provides informational presentations to community partners
- Provides follow-up to prospective families via phone, letter, email, and scheduled appointments
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment and projections
- Develop and manage list of external community partners
- Edits and develops recruitment and marketing materials annually
- Researches charter school recruitment best practices and strategies
- 2-years of school recruitment experience (charter school preferably)
- Ability to manage a small team
- Ability to effectively use social media for marketing purposes
- Skilled in effective communication and public presentations
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity
- Ability to travel and work week nights and evenings
- Ability to represent the office and school in a professional manner
Salary and Employment Period
- Salary Range: Competitive compensation package
- Full time
- Employment Period: Twelve Months (contract to be renewed if metrics met)
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and 401K
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.