BRICK’s mission is to relentlessly knock down all barriers to students’ academic success. Our innovative model aligns an excellent education with the necessary family supports to make sure each and every child can succeed. It’s our vision that each and every child will have an unimpeded path to unlocking their limitless potential.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BRICK operates two divisions - a school management division and a two-generation strategy. The two-generation strategy is the South Ward Children's Alliance, the backbone organization that is building a cradle to career pipeline in the South Ward of Newark. BRICK is looking for an individual who will help build our organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The paraprofessional educator works with small or large groups of students under the leadership of the certified classroom teacher. The role is ideal for someone looking to grow in the education field and possibly become a Teacher In Training in future years.
- Assist teachers in the classroom - gathering materials, leading small groups of students, and tutoring students
- Supervise students in the classroom and outside the classroom
- Support students in their learning
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications to students
- A high school diploma is required
- Ideal candidates have a deep passion for educating scholars
Salary, Goals, and Employment
- Paraprofessionals are paid hourly
- The day is 7:20-4:05 daily, Wednesday until 5pm
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.