Early Childhood Director
South Ward Children's Alliance (SWCA) Positions
The mission of the South Ward Children’s Alliance (SWCA) is to dramatically improve the trajectory of children’s lives, making it possible for them to success to and through college and career.
To learn more about SWCA, please visithttp://www.swcalliance.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BRICK operates two divisions - a school management division and a two-generation strategy. The two-generation strategy is the South Ward Children's Alliance, the backbone organization that is building a cradle to career pipeline in the South Ward of Newark. BRICK is looking for an individual who will help build our organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The Early Childhood Director will provide leadership, administrative, and programmatic support to the South Ward Children’s Alliance Early Childhood programming and initiatives including leading the Promise Neighborhood Early Childhood Collaborative Action Network. This includes budgeting, training, supervision, scheduling, gathering appropriate data related to improving the program, and reporting outcomes to SWCA senior management.
- Works with the leadership team to develop and implement an effective early childhood strategy that ensures children in the South Ward are kindergarten ready. This includes but is not limited to: (1) Create and maintain early childhood partnerships (including partnerships with pediatricians, OBGYN’s, etc.) and a creating a sense of community among the early childhood providers in the South Ward. (2) Coordinate and implement a professional development that can be shared with early childhood practitioners across Newark, NJ in line with Grow NJ Kids.
- Work with the leadership team to develop and implement an early childhood parent engagement strategy.
- Serves as the leader of the SWCA Promise Neighborhood Early Childhood Collaborative Action Network.
- Serve as an early childhood content expert who can work with early childhood and school partners on Pre K – 3 curriculum as needed.
- Generate internal and external reports and auditing of early childhood activities with recommendations.
- Works with the leadership team to advocate for matters related to Early Childhood and Kindergarten readiness.
- Explore the development of new early childhood initiatives (Birth-through 3) for children and families.
- Attend community meetings related to early childhood programing and initiatives.
- Be present for site visits as deemed necessary by the leadership team.
- Be accessible via company phone and email.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Early Childhood education preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of management/supervision experience including but not limited to short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff and/or engaging community partnerships, marketing and financial management, and organizational behavior and development.
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges.
- An ability to make informed, timely decisions and using sound judgment to prioritize actions
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
- Salary Range: Based Upon Experience / Performance Contract
- Employment Period: Twelve Months
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401 K