BRICK Academy is a school management organization founded and led by six visionary teachers that were compelled by the stark reality facing many of their students. They created a school model which intentionally targets the lowest performing, highest need urban schools and addresses the needs of students academically, socially and emotionally while developing creative solutions to stabilize their families.
Our MISSION is to put all children on a positive life trajectory and consequently ending generational poverty by providing children with a quality education and addressing the external factors that impede their academic success.
To learn more about BRICK, please visit http://www.bricknewark.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization that focuses on turning around chronically failing schools. We are looking for an individual who will help build an organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
Overview of Role
The part-time Art teacher will teach students at Achieve Community Charter School two days a week for 4-5 hours each day. The school is in its second year and has 11 homerooms of students (250 students). The part-time Art teacher will provide instruction to students in visual arts.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- A passionate belief in BRICK Academy’s mission, values, and educational model;
- A deep desire to work with educationally underserved student populations and their families;
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students;
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them;
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills;
- A sense of humility.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A valid Teaching License in Music; or a New Jersey teacher certification in another subject preferred
- An ability to meet all state and federal guidelines in order to be fully licensed and “Highly Qualified” according to ESSA; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Salary and Goals
- Hourly compensation - rate is competitive and based on experience
- Part time
- Employment Period: 10 Months