Family Hub Program Director (licensed social worker)
South Ward Children's Alliance (SWCA) Positions
The mission of the South Ward Children’s Alliance (SWCA) is to dramatically improve the trajectory of children’s lives, making it possible for them to success to and through college and career.
To learn more about SWCA, please visithttp://www.swcalliance.org
Here is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting entrepreneurial organization. BRICK operates two divisions - a school management division and a two-generation strategy. The two-generation strategy is the South Ward Children's Alliance, the backbone organization that is building a cradle to career pipeline in the South Ward of Newark. BRICK is looking for an individual who will help build our organization from the ground up. If you are interested in being part of success at a greater scale and looking to invest in a theory of change that actually works – then this is your organization.
The Family Hub Director for the South Ward Children’s Alliance works in The Family Hub case management division to execute our mission by supervising the case management/Family Coach team and taking the lead in gaining access to community resources to support vulnerable children and families in need of assistance. They report directly to the Managing Director of the South Ward Children’s Alliance. The Lead Social Worker ideally will have a LCSW.
- Supervise and professionally develop Family Coaches who provide case management services to families.
- Create weekly Family Hub summaries submitted to the Managing Director.
- Conduct weekly data driven supervision meetings with Family Coaches.
- Complete formal performance evaluations for Family Coaches.
- Create and maintain relationships with school social workers and community partners in the South Ward.
- Help families build resilience as they face changes and challenges in their lives through strengths based case management, SWCA programming, and partnerships.
- Assess family’s needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals and develop their case management plan.
- Research and refer families to community resources, such as food stamps and child care, and support them throughout the process. Maintain an resource guide for South Ward families with up to date community resources throughout Newark, Essex County, and the State of New Jersey.
- Help families work with government agencies to apply for and receive benefits such as Medicare.
- Respond to crisis situations such as fires, child abuse, food insecurity, and housing issues as needed.
- Advocate for and help families get resources that would improve their well-being and support children that are in school.
- Follow up with families to ensure that their case management goals are met and create aftercare plans as needed.
- Evaluate Hub services to ensure that they are effective and that Hub goals are met.
ORGANIZATION WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Family Hub initiatives for the South Ward Children’s Alliance (ex. grief workshops and other life skills or mental health and family support workshops deemed appropriate)
- Manage the Family Hub budget.
- Support in developing and maintaining relationships with multiple SWCA partners.
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials, forms, and grant reports as needed.
- Maintain Family Hub files, track Family Hub data, and generate reports as needed to the Managing Director and the Director of Operations.
- Be present for site visits as deemed necessary by the Managing Director.
- Be accessible via company phone and email. Attend all relevant trainings and professional developments sessions as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- LCSW preferred.
- Ability to manage and professionally develop family coaches.
- Relevant experience working with children and families from strengths based approaches to case management required. Relevant experience and training related to trauma and crisis response and intervention. An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, with a relentless drive to achieve them.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges and to be solution oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work late nights and weekends as needed.
- Bilingual helpful but not necessary.
Salary, Goals and Employment Period
- Salary Range: Based Upon Experience / Performance Contract
- Employment Period: Twelve Months
- Fringe Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401 K
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.