Solution Architect and Team Lead
Los Angeles, CA /
Solution Architect and Team Lead
Bridg is seeking a Solution Architect and Team Lead who will jump right into hands-on development while leading a team of engineers for our flagship products delivering code that is maintainable, reliable, and highly scalable.
We’re a rapidly-growing start-up in the heart of Sawtelle Japantown, just blocks away from the 405 and the 10. Our loft-style office houses a passionate, hard-working team of ramen-slurpers, beachcombers, and LA-daydreamers. At our core, we’re a tech company, yes, but our people make the magic happen.
At Bridg, you will be solving complex problems with a business that celebrates innovation and values your contributions. We want you to wake up each day excited to use cutting edge tools/technologies and software development practices. Our platform is a combination of a large scale near-real time data pipeline (10s of billions of data points of sale transaction data from major retailers) and over 100 microservices.
Our current tech stack includes Flink, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, AWS Athena, Glue, Redshift, EMR, DynamoDB, and Java Spring Boot based microservices.
A collaborative and innovative culture, Bridg offers highly advanced technology to identify and track purchasers in a physical retail store. Bridg's technology relies on data science and probabilistic modeling to identify and track the purchasers. The Bridg platform gives retail chains the same level of customer insight (and revenue growth) as data-savvy online retailers like Amazon, leveraging hundreds of millions of daily data points.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or Engineering discipline
- 5+ years Java and Spring Boot experience
- 2+ years experience with Big Data or high volume data processing
- 2+ years functioning in a team lead role
- Experience in a variety of relevant technologies including NoSQL databases, Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Docker, Microservices architecture, and Java
- AWS cloud experience, S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Glue, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skillsHighly motivated, curious, capable and a lifetime learner
- Design and architect new solutions
- Own the products, be hands-on, and contribute to code development
- Motivate, inspire and grow the team on technical levelInspire, lead, and recruit highly capable engineers
- Learn newer technologies quickly to bring solutions to problems
- Promote software engineering best practices
- Instill our culture of highly innovative and collaborative team environment
- Facilitate and lead technical meetings
What we offer
- A fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing start-up.
- A chance to work with a passionate, driven and fun teamAn incredible work environment - fun, casual and fast-paced
- Monthly team activities and outings
- Loft-style office with plenty of break-out space
- Fully stocked company snack area complete with every drink and snack your heart desires
- Great benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, and Vacation
Security, Availability and Confidentiality Requirements
- You are responsible for protecting the credentials provided to you to access S3’s (and customer, where applicable) networks, systems and data
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all S3’s customer data to which you are granted access. Any suspected compromises of S3’s proprietary data or customer data must be reported to Management immediately.
- You will adhere to the S3 Information Security Policy and Procedures and supporting standard operating procedures to protect Company systems and data.
- Respond to and resolve customer help desk requests [varies based on role]
- You will alert management immediately with any expected system or data compromises and/or system failure impacting the security, confidentiality, availability and integrity of S3 and customer data. You will be required to attend an annual Information Security Awareness Training
Bridg is a marketing software company that provides a CRM solution, email and SMS marketing, insights and analytics, mobile app and loyalty program development for restaurants and retailers. Powered by transaction data, Bridg builds unique 360º customer profiles to understand individualized behavior patterns, providing clients with deep data science used to create wide-reaching, effective personalized marketing campaigns that drive traffic and sales in a measurable way.
Our headquarters is located in West LA / Santa Monica, and we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.