HR BUSINESS PARTNER - East Africa
The main purpose of the Junior Business partner is to provide an effective and efficient HR function to the Human Resource Department in East Africa aligned with the Group by creating a positive working environment and developing a competent workforce through building partnerships with line managers and ensuring organizational compliance.
- Guide and advise on the maintenance and updating of Organizational Structures and Job Descriptions.
- Coordinate Job evaluation process.
- Develop and maintain a job grading matrix for East Africa
Policies and Procedures
- Facilitate adherence to HR policies, procedures, and relevant legislation for specific countries.
- Identify opportunities for updating and enhancing HR policies, processes, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the organisation.
Selection and Recruitment
- Update and maintain recruitment process.
- Manage the selection process together with line managers and People Services team in Shared Services.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process, including drafting facilitating offers to new talent.
- Manage probation process and ensure a tracker in place to support this for new hires
Onboarding and Training
- Coordinate all development needs that arise, offer guidance around most effective interventions to support development needs.
- Facilitate the process of record keeping of training.
- Arrange and manage all LR issues with collaboration relevant manager and where needed, labour specialist.
- Arrange all logistical requirements for Disciplinary Enquiries
Performance Management and Talent Planning
- Coordinate and Facilitate adherence to performance management process ensuring education and awareness around the process, record keeping and reporting.
- Support leaders in the process of talent planning and facilitate conversations to ensure alignment.
Human Resources Information Systems
- Provide payroll input.
- Updating any HR changes and payroll data with People Services team in shared services
- Capturing of all HR documents electronically on SAGE where necessary.
- Updating and maintaining the HR SharePoint with all data / new forms and relevant information.
Human Resources Projects
- Manage and coordinate Group HR projects/initiatives when required.
- Ensure HR processes compliance in East Africa.
- Assistance with Internal HR Audits (HR & Payroll Division on systems and personnel files)
Talent wellness and engagement
- Coordinate and facilitate Talent wellness initiatives.
- Plan and execute Talent connects and engagement sessions where needed Drive engagement surveys and support the facilitation of action plans
- Plan and organise socials and year end function
General Administration Services
- Coordinate the implementation of talent management and succession planning
- Maintain quality, efficiency, and confidentiality of service within the HR Department.
-Ad hoc admin requirements within the HR department.
- Minimum 3-year HR Related Degree/Diploma (Essential)
- Project management (Optional)
- At least 5-8 years' experience as a fully-fledged HR Generalist
- Philanthropy experience (Desirable)
- SAGE HRIS or any HR system
Skills and Competencies
- Creative and innovative.
- Self-motivated and high level of initiative.
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook).
- Well-developed verbal & written communication, presentation, project management, report compilation and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed administrative, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- High personal and ethical standardsAnticipates issues, solves problems, able to make clear decisions and judgement.
- Good balance between firmness and diplomacy