Head of Payroll and Stock Compensation Accounting
San Francisco, CA /
BridgeBio – Accounting & Finance /
BridgeBio ultimately exists to help patients. Millions worldwide are afflicted with genetic diseases, but small patient populations and industry reluctance to conduct early-stage development means that for many, treatments have not been forthcoming. We are committed to bridging this gap: between business case and scientific possibility, between patient and hope.
To learn more, visit us at: https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The Head of Payroll and Stock Compensation Accounting will drive payroll operations and stock compensation accounting for all of BridgeBio and company affiliates. This leader will oversee the day-to-day administration of our employee equity programs and assist in continuing to scale our stock administration function as the company grows. In this position you will own both the payroll and equity systems and be responsible for process implementation and optimization. The individual will work closely with various parties including employees, HR, legal, broker, transfer agent and financial auditors. This is a highly visible position and requires a focus on employee success and the ability to effectively interact, communicate, and present ideas and concepts clearly with multiple departments and to all levels within the organization, including senior management.
- Oversee the payroll and stock administration process
- Manage and mentor the payroll and stock members
- Manage the technical accounting aspect of compensation and stock-based compensation
- Manage the month-end close process for all payroll and stock compensation accounting including but not limited to journal entry review, account reconciliation, accounting memos
- Review ESPP transactions, stock options and awards grants, cancellations, and exercises and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other option and equity holders
- Coordinate with the tax team on any tax issues related to payroll and stock compensation
- Act as main point of contact for employee questions on compensation
- Work closely with cross functional leaders of HR, Legal, FP&A and other business partners
- Ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Lead all process improvement efforts for the compensation related processes
- Lead adhoc projects for payroll and stock compensation
- Assist in accounting and finance system implementation projects
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar preferred with 10+ years of progressive experience and increasing level of responsibility within payroll or stock administration
- CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP specifically ASC718
- Experience in stock administration using Equity Edge and E-Trade preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of materials and information.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details required.
- Strong organization skills, good work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CEP certified preferred but not required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to present findings in concise manner
- Understanding of SOX
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so