Recruiter / HR Business Partner
1223 Wilshire Blvd #30 Santa Monica CA 90403 /
Full Time - US Remote
Who We Are
Bright is a new platform for Creators to monetize their influence through live video chat sessions. Launched in May 2021 and featured in TechCrunch and Rolling Stone, Bright connects the world's biggest stars with their most engaged fans. Founded by entertainment and technology heavyweights, Bright is uniquely positioned to align top talent with massively scalable technology.
This is our first full time hire in the People Operations (People Ops) space; we are searching for someone who can help us establish and run our internal hiring process, including crafting job reqs, reaching out and recruiting passive & active candidates, perform some candidate screening, run the hiring process beginning to end, and in general, helping Bright reach out next level of growth.
As a growth company, there are also a lot of opportunities in the Human Resources (HR) space as we work to establish policies, philosophies, and processes. The ideal candidate doesn’t need to be an expert in any areas besides recruiting, but they should have a strong interest in helping with other HR activities and be excellent at dealing with ambiguity.
· Creating a recruitment plan and calendar that focuses on keeping the engine of recruiting running, delivering candidate options to hiring managers, completing candidate process in a timely manner, and keeping partners updated on a regular cadence.
· Use LinkedIn, internal networks of current employees, and other means to recruit passive candidates and attract them to apply to Bright. Shepard all active candidates through Bright’s hiring process.
· Perform early phone screens and pitches to candidates – being able to perform a technical screen is a big plus
· Run and continue to improve Bright’s hiring process from the creation of the job req to the offer decision; have an obsession for a positive candidate and onboarding experience
· Partner with hiring managers to define their role needs and craft job requisitions
· Help with benchmarking hiring practices and pace to continuously improve our processes
· As needed, work with external hiring firms
· Others as assigned, particularly in the HR policies, procedures, and process space
Must-haves to be successful in this role
· 5+ years recruiting experience in a technology company(ies) or related fields
· Track record of running a hiring process, or running a complex process with multiple stakeholders
· Experience working directly with potential and current external candidates
· Excellent planning, interpersonal and communication skills
· Superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the 'big picture' and the importance of picking the best approach and pace for the problem at hand
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. We lead with the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.