Brightback is on a mission to help subscription-based businesses retain customers and grow lifetime value through intelligent and delightful experiences. We are building the automated customer retention category, targeting growth and success leaders in more than 10 million B2B and B2C companies worldwide.
The Brightback platform empowers growth and customer success teams, and aims to solve hard tradeoffs. We’re standardizing how industries measure and react to churn, then automating best practices for retaining customers via personalized in-product experiences and multi-application workflow.
What you will do
In order to realize our mission, we need your help to design and build software and systems that fulfill the needs of Brightback’s customers in this emerging category. This is a terrific early-career opportunity to participate in the engineering life-cycle at Brightback working within a world-class team, including writing production code, conducting code reviews and maintaining your software in production. You will be equally comfortable doing incremental quality work and building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
Who You Are
- You want to be part of a community of talented, forward-thinking software engineers
- You're passionate about learning and mentorship as a means to grow your expertise
- You demonstrate clear, concise communication and data-driven decision-making
- You aim to be helpful to your teammates, our customers, partners and the entire organization
- You are attracted to building something new and solving a critical industry blind spot
- You appreciate that data alone is not insightful or actionable without an exceptional user experience
Projects You Could Work On
- Integrating best-of-breed, customer facing tools and data
- Building a range of valuable revenue, retention, and discovery-oriented insights and reporting
- Evolving a rich event system to enable immediate, magical interactions
- Rendering, benchmarking, and recommending actions, inputs, and workflow
- Enabling dynamic customization and triggered in-product automation
- Developing SaaS platform services: billing, user management, security, data services
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years experience and BS/MS in computer science or related field
- Experience in one or more object oriented languages like Java, Scala, C#, C++
- Experience with responsive user interface frameworks like React
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts like common data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable participating in design and code reviews
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Competitive salary, generous healthcare and benefits
- Great home-office setup: new computer and funding to invest as you like
- Own a part of Brightback: every team member receives generous stock options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Periodic offsites in exotic locations to meet and work with the rest of the team
Brightback was founded in San Francisco in 2018. It is backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors. Our veteran team brings unique SaaS and subscription domain experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Autopilot, BrightRoll, and Heap Analytics. Our team is fully distributed, with key team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, France, Los Angeles, and Detroit.
Brightback is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.