Brightback is on a mission to help subscription-based businesses retain customers and grow lifetime value through intelligent and delightful experiences. We are building the automated customer retention category, targeting growth and success leaders in more than 10 million B2B and B2C companies worldwide.
The Brightback platform empowers growth and customer success teams, and aims to solve hard tradeoffs. We’re standardizing how industries measure and react to churn, then automating best practices for retaining customers via personalized in-product experiences and multi-application workflow.
What you will do
In order to realize our mission, we need your help improving the availability, scalability, automation, performance and reliability of Brightback’s development and production services. You will perform deep analysis into both systemic and latent reliability issues; partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and deploy solutions.
Who You Are
- You want to be part of a community of talented, forward-thinking software engineers
- You demonstrate clear, concise communication and data-driven decision-making
- You're passionate about teaching, learning and growing your expertise
- You aim to be helpful to your teammates, our customers, partners and the entire organization
- You are attracted to building something new and solving a critical industry blind spot
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years experience managing systems in a large-scale environment
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Expert level understanding of Linux-based systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services ecosystem
- Practical knowledge of various aspects of service design like messaging protocols & behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one higher-level language like Python or Ruby
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Competitive salary, generous healthcare and benefits
- Great home-office setup: new computer and funding to invest as you like
- Own a part of Brightback: every team member receives generous stock options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Periodic offsites in exotic locations to meet and work with the rest of the team
Brightback was founded in San Francisco in 2018. It is backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors. Our veteran team brings unique SaaS and subscription domain experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Autopilot, BrightRoll, and Heap Analytics. Our team is fully distributed, with key team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, France, Los Angeles, and Detroit.
Brightback is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.