Brightback, the customer retention company for high-volume subscription businesses, is growing rapidly by helping companies like Copper and SparkPost reduce churn and increase customer lifetime value automatically. Brightback integrates with popular tools like Slack, Zendesk, Salesforce and Intercom, targeting potentially millions of subscription businesses worldwide.
We’re looking for our first salesperson - a tenacious trailblazer energized by winning new greenfield B2B or B2C customers. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success attaining quota and has successfully managed multi-stakeholder SaaS deals. You are experienced working 30 to 90 day cycles, targeting growth, customer success, and product buyers.
You’re a tech product who naturally finds yourself giving insightful product demos to tell the story. You had a major impact at your previous company, by helping grow from early-revenue to the first $10M+ ARR. Bonus - you’ve replicated yourself by building out a team of high performers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Attaining monthly and quarterly new sales quotas
- Sourcing & winning greenfield pilot customers, using existing proof-points and customer results
- Winning marquis pilot customers on the basis of Brightback’s value proposition: to measure, deflect, and streamline high-volume subscription churn with no engineering effort
- Earning the confidence of executive sponsors, while simultaneously building the business case around a low-risk, value-based pricing model
- Facilitating CRM, API and usage data integrations, leveraging our technical solutions architects and onboarding customer success managers as required
- Setting the standard for delivering outstanding client demos and knowledge of customer retention best practices
- Building trusted and accountable relationships with clients wherever they are located, working from the SF headquarters and from your home office
- Becoming an ambassador for the Brightback brand, while becoming a trusted and valuable internal resources across business and technical teams
- Championing Brightback’s success-focused sales culture
What You Bring to Brightback
- Stellar track record. You are a top performer who has consistently beaten sales quotas, for at least 4 years, in a proven SaaS brand
- Consultative approach. You are an experienced hunter yet oriented towards consultative “land and expand” selling, and know that customer trust is earned by adding value and onboarding correctly
- Domain Experience. 3+ years in marketing technology, growth tools, business automation, analytics, machine-learning, or SaaS
- Hands on and product-oriented. Able to learn and evaluate new tech products, and have a vision to help your customers “be the best” at generating revenue and customer value from their engagement stack
- Process-oriented, Salesforce proficient. Your enthusiasm for a fast-paced and dynamic environment is benefited by your natural instinct to work your leads and submit weekly pipeline forecasts from Salesforce, while driving strategic deals to close
- Motivator. You are the lightning rod who motivates already talented team members to crush their goals, and/or you're considered a leader by influence
- Education. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Competitive salary, generous healthcare and benefits
- Great home-office setup: new computer and funding to invest as you like (work-from-home employees only)
- Own a part of Brightback: every team member receives generous stock options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exotic periodic offsites in attractive locations to meet and work with the rest of the team
Brightback was founded in San Francisco in 2018. It is backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors. Our veteran team brings unique SaaS and subscription domain experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Autopilot, BrightRoll, and Heap Analytics. Our team is fully distributed, with key team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, France, Los Angeles, and Detroit.