Talent & Operations Lead
Brightback is on a mission to help accelerate the growth of B2B and B2C businesses worldwide by automatically retaining more customers and improving the quality of their products. Our SaaS service helps high-volume subscription businesses continuously test their end-user experiences, automate critical workflows, and view beautifully crafted insights and tips.
To help grow our phenomenal team and ensure a gold-standard level of execution, we're seeking a talented force multiplier - the Talent & Operations Manager - to join our San Francisco office (SoMa). You will work on the ground alongside the CEO and co-founders and the entire team - learning, managing and improving a broad range of activities - while working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
We hire great people wherever they are, which means we need to be great at supporting remote team members work from home or the SF office. This is a terrific opportunity for a dynamic self-starter who is ready to think outside the box, work closely with the CEO, and create an inspiring environment that Brightbackers are pumped be part of!
Role and Responsibilities
- Creatively design ways to enable our growing, distributed team, where engineering is 100% distributed (spread from SF to LA to France) and customer-facing teams are SF-based
- Support our team members - manage benefits, keep personal information up to date, and provide the best possible experience for new starters
- Be a face and trusted champion for internal and external stakeholders, including for HR matters, facilities and vendor management, or customer-facing needs
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, including for Board planning and scheduling, calendaring, communicating, budgeting, and financial operations
- Act as an ambassador, ensuring the CEO is informed of all priority projects, escalation issues, upcoming events, commitments and responsibilities with appropriate and timely follow up and internal/external meetings
- Enable the executive team by preparing presentations, reports, expense reimbursements, and assist with travel
- Launch and facilitate new strategic projects, like the Brightback Startup program, employee performance reviews, or annual week-long company offsites
- Manage/maintain the professional look of the SF office including conference rooms, devices (iPads, printers, etc.), and office supplies
- Organize office events, arrange catering for Board Meetings, plan happy hours, or plan customer meetups in inspiring venues that represent the brand and vision of Brightback
- Excellent written (email, chat) and oral (in-person, phone) communication skills
- Strong attention to detail balanced with a drive to get things done
- High degree of technical proficiency including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Mac OS
- Ability to manage, balance, and prioritize multiple, highly-visible tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in a fast-paced (startup preferred) environment while partnering with various stakeholders
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an operations or office management role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and fun-loving people
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- Great benefits: 100% health/vision/dental coverage for yourself, and 80% for any family members
- Home-office fund: new computer and funding to invest as you like
- Flexible vacation policy
- Periodic offsites in exotic locations to work with the rest of the team
Brightback was founded in San Francisco in 2018 and is an early-stage (Series A) startup, serving the $100B+ online subscription market. We are backed by more than two dozen top Silicon Valley investors, including Index Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Point Nine Capital, Foundation Capital, and top-tier angels. Our veteran team brings SaaS and data experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Autopilot, BrightRoll, and Heap Analytics. Our team is distributed, with key team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, France, Los Angeles, and Detroit.