Front End Engineer (React)
Brightback is on a mission to help subscription-based businesses retain customers and grow lifetime value through intelligent and delightful experiences. We are building the automated customer retention category, targeting growth and success leaders in more than 10 million B2B and B2C companies worldwide.
The Brightback platform empowers growth and customer success teams, and we’re standardizing how millions of companies measure and prevent churn. We automate actions and best practices for retaining customers via hyper-personalized in-product experiences and integration-based workflow.
What you will do
Every bit of the customer experience, both that of our customers and our customers' customers ("end-users"), is important, and we’re not just talking about features. Friction gets in the way of creativity and innovation, so our job is to foster both of those things - the features and the experience. You will participate in the engineering lifecycle at Brightback, tackle problems head-on working with a team of talented engineers and the founders, and you genuinely want to enable your customers to do things they didn't think they could do.
Who You Are
- You want to be part of a community of talented, forward-thinking software engineers
- You are attracted to building something new and solving a critical industry blind spot
- You have created exceptional user experiences that solve problems through automation, personalization, and recommendation
- You demonstrate clear, concise communication and data-driven decision-making
- You are attracted to new and shiny, but also on tools that are proven to work
- You're passionate about teaching, learning and growing your expertise
- You aim to be helpful to your teammates, our customers, partners and the entire organization
Projects You Could Work On
- Building end-user facing user experiences for consumers and business users
- Building admin-facing user experiences for operations, growth, or executive users
- Developing visual and intuitive approaches for users to create web pages and design in-product experiences
- Sculpting first-time user experiences that deliver "AHA!" moments, convert free into paid users, and retain for the long-haul
- Leveraging behavioral psychology and interaction design to convert users and remove friction
- Creating high-impact reports and dashboards including trends, drill-downs, benchmarks, insights, and email digests
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years relevant experience and BS or MS in design, computer science or related field
- Expertise in React.js UI framework and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows
- Experience with data structure libraries like Immutable.js
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack and NPM
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Competitive salary, generous healthcare and benefits
- Great home-office setup: new computer and funding to invest as you like
- Own a part of Brightback: every team member receives generous stock options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Periodic offsites in exotic locations to meet and work with the rest of the team
Brightback was founded in San Francisco in 2018. It is backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors. Our veteran team brings unique SaaS and subscription domain experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Autopilot, BrightRoll, and Heap Analytics. Our team is fully distributed, with key team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, France, Los Angeles, and Detroit.
Brightback is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.