Brightback is on a mission to build the automated customer retention category, targeting customer success and product growth leaders in more than a million B2B and B2C companies worldwide. We help subscription-based businesses retain customers and grow lifetime value by delivering hyper-relevant in-product experiences to micro-segments in response to actions and usage.
To help us execute our first-mover strategy, we are looking for a data-driven storyteller who knows how to cut the noise and build Brightback as the customer retention leader. You will figure out how to market Brightback's value to our initial target customers, drive low-cost leads through creative online strategies, and impact the right KPIs that level up the business.
This ideal human multiplier is passionate about growing traffic through branded and non-branded inbound channels (SEO, blog, content, partners, community). You are wired to convert traffic into free trials, nurture leads into paying customers, and experiment with new ways to delight customers and grow loyalty.
You will work directly with the founders to own and operationalize the company's marketing plan, are a self-starter who is excited to join a world-class team that's literally spread across the world, and you aspire to one day build and lead your own team.
What you will be doing
- Building the company profile in customer retention through three launch phases: pilot, private beta, public launch
- Owning the marketing plan and KPIs to meet inbound lead gen goals, build brand awareness, and evangelize nuggets of customer success
- Developing our blog and SEO strategy, including keyword development, onsite optimization, content roadmap, and authoring/editing posts
- Bringing the website to life, including partnering with Design/UX to build new sections and pages, author website content, and convert traffic into leads
- Leveraging founders, subject matter experts, and contributed bloggers to build our content base of best practices, thought leadership, case studies, roundups, spotlight series and more
- Executing creative online campaigns to distribute evergreen content online through referral, social, paid, nurture, and partner channels
- Finding and managing external vendors to help accomplish a lot of this stuff, and eventually recruiting and leading a team
- Making our amazing customers famous by revealing their unique growth tactics through rich mediums including video, long-form content, or in-person meetups and events
- Capturing sizzling data-points through original research using benchmarking data from product, or from free/paid surveys
- Executing on partner integration launches through integration docs, co-customer webinars, web portals, app directory listings, and/or events
What you bring to the table
- Solid early/mid-career experience: You have 3 to 7 years in inbound marketing or demand generation and are looking to take your skills to the next level
- You’ve seen what works and doesn’t: At least 2 years in a recognized growth-stage or VC-backed SaaS (or similar) startup
- Organic distribution & promotion mindset: examples of how you promoted fresh content or campaigns in thrilling ways that generated measurable results
- A creative, conversion-oriented portfolio: you come with clickable examples of your mad conversion skills, for example high-performing posts, backlinks, websites, customer videos, eBooks, landing pages, quizzes, or nurturing
- Experience working in a remote team environment: you can share how you have made remote teamwork productive and satisfying
- You're a builder: you kickoff new initiatives and will drive them through to completion
- You've probably attended a top-notch four year university, unless you've been educated by startup life or the school of hard knocks
- Superb messaging & catchy copywriting: you're the person we turn to for "how to say it best", with the proven ability to distill and crystallize concepts into clear, simple and infectious copy
- Content strategy: best practices for how to structure and organize topics, types, mediums, and cadences for growing a content engine
- Blog/web CMS: Wordpress, Medium, Hubspot
- Social monitoring & engagement: Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Buffer
- SEO & Web analytics: SEMRush, Moz, Google Analytics, Hotjar
- Email marketing or marketing automation: Autopilot, Hubspot, Marketo, MailChimp
- CRM: Experience tracking leads and analyzing customer segments in Salesforce or other CRMs
- Forecasting & analyzing: You are skilled with spreadsheets, whether to track KPIs, forecast leads, or manage sitemaps and content
- Online organization and comms: Slack, Wikis, project management tools, Dropbox, InVision
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Competitive salary, generous healthcare and benefits
- Great home-office setup: new computer and funding to invest as you like
- Own a part of Brightback: every team member receives generous stock options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Periodic offsites in exotic locations to meet and work with the rest of the team
Brightback was founded in San Francisco in 2018. It is backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and angel investors. Our veteran team brings unique SaaS and subscription domain experience from companies like Zendesk, Twitter, Autopilot, BrightRoll, and Heap Analytics. Our team is fully distributed, with key team members in the San Francisco Bay Area, France, Los Angeles, and Detroit.