Who we are:
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join Bright Cellars by taking a 7-quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Points learning algorithm evaluates these preferences to determine the best wine matches for each member’s taste. Each month, members receive four or six unique bottles in the mail, which they are then able to rate and provide personalized feedback on their profile. Similar to Netflix’s collaborative filtering algorithm, Bright Cellars’s algorithm uses this feedback to improve members’ monthly matches going forward.
Working at Bright Cellars:
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to work in an atmosphere where their efforts are directly related to the success of the business. You will benefit from an open-office concept with great colleagues and collaborative spaces.
We are looking for a Wine Concierge to join our Concierge team. In this role, you will report to the Member Experience Manager, and will be responsible for leading a team of concierges, coaching them to success, and reporting on team metrics. Our ideal candidate has prior management experience, is not afraid of a challenge, and is motivated by meeting and exceeding goals.
Qualities We Look For:
- Strong leadership qualities: conflict resolution, team motivation, performance management.
- Possess high quality communication skills. Can successfully communicate challenges and potential solutions with team members, upper management, and other departments.
- Service leader mindset: Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do the “dirty work".
- 2-4 years of management experience in a customer service or sales based role.
- Zendesk experience a plus, but not required.
- Previous wine knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Managing a small team of Associate and Assistant Wine Concierges.
- Responding, assigning and reviewing all incoming member requests and team messaging.
- Delegating management tasks to Associate Wine Concierges when needed.
- Responsible for day-to-day decision making, scheduling, training and team performance.
- Maintaining consistent oversight of your team on a day-to-day basis, regardless of your schedule.
- Reporting on team metrics and making recommendations for improvement to senior leaders.
- Involved in tasting-committee, interviewing new hires, and leadership development training.
- Covered medical, dental and vision insurance.
- A fun, friendly atmosphere in our open office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward.
- Fully stocked snack and wine bar.
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier.
- Bike rack and subsidized parking in a covered parking structure.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space.
- Opportunity to learn about startups from some of the best e-commerce people in the biz!
Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position, and why you think you'd be a great fit!