Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
This role offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that will empower the Bright Cellars team to make sound decisions. This high visibility and impact role will interact with all levels in the organization and be a crucial lever for our growing company. This role will serve as a key financial data expert and works with the Bright Cellars team to drive profitable growth.
The right candidate should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop and maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines. This role will have an immediate impact, owning and developing the revenue plan for Bright Cellars plus helping drive efficiencies and new opportunities.
This is a great opportunity for a quantitatively driven, operationally focused individual to develop a deep understanding of a high growth consumer subscription business from a financial and operating perspective.
- Maintain financial model and continually improve.
- Work with the Operations team to develop metrics that can be managed daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Track and routinely report on (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly) key performance metrics such as CAC and LTV metrics pertaining to business and benchmarking.
- Analyze operational practices and P&L (revenue down to gross profit) and recommend areas to reduce costs, improve quality and create efficiencies.
- Conduct profitability reviews - reviewing revenue, costs and margin; identify anomalies and root causes, and develop action plans.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and reforecasting processes throughout the year; includes forecasting revenue, cost of goods sold, operating expense and cash burn.
- Conduct monthly variance analysis versus plan, prior year and forecast updating and maintaining monthly forecast models.
- Analyze return on marketing investments and advise on marketing spend decisions.
- Support decision making by making recommendations to management, and driving business growth.
- Prepare presentation decks for the board, investors, and senior management.
- Partner with team leaders cross-functionally (functions include sales, operations, HR, IT).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related business field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of financial analysis experience with an emphasis in revenue and margin.
- Experience working with all levels of an organization from operations to senior management.
- Experience with M&A, venture-backed start-up environments or venture capital preferred.
- Strong presentation skills to present to high level roles internally and external investors.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must.
- Independent/Self-starter with high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus.
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick days
- Bike rack and subsidized parking
- Covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked sandwich and salad bar with local ingredients
- Weekly wine tastings led by our resident sommelier
- Relaxed dress code
- A fun, friendly office atmosphere in our brand new office space in the heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward
- Unlimited access to Ward4’s co-working space
- Opportunity to build something incredible while being surrounded by intelligent, hardworking and motivated coworkers
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.