Member Support Assistant - Part-time
Bright Cellars (www.brightcellars.com) is the monthly wine subscription startup designed to help new wine drinkers discover and define their taste in wine! We curate wines from around the world with the goal of making wine fun, accessible and educational.
How Bright Cellars works: Our members join the Bright Cellars club by taking a short quiz to share their taste preferences. The Bright Cellars machine learning algorithm, developed by two MIT grads, evaluates these preferences to predict four bottles of wine matched to each member’s taste. Each month, our members receive four unique bottles in the mail and log on to our site to provide personalized feedback. Similar to Pandora, the Bright Cellars algorithm uses this feedback to improve monthly matches going forward.
Bright Cellars is a fun, fast-growing startup with a work hard, play hard attitude. We look for smart, motivated individuals who are excited to build something incredible from the ground up.
The position is offered at $10 per hour. It is a perfect fit if you are looking for some extra work and want get involved with a growing company. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can dedicate 20-25 hours a week.
The ability to work weekends and weeknights is a must. Training will be located in our shared space office in downtown Milwaukee.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Delighting Bright Cellars members with your winning personality via email (and phone if needed)
- Answering customers questions via email
- Managing customers personalized accounts, calendars and processing custom orders
- Supporting and developing membership and sales initiatives
What We Expect You'll Bring to the Table:
- College degree (or pursuing a college degree)
- Previous customer service experience in an office environment, preferably helping customers via phone and email
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining attention to detail
- Awesome communication and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude even when things get tough
- Reliable and accountable
- Fully stocked breakfast, snack and wine bar
- Relaxed dress code
- Exposure to the startup community in Milwaukee
- A free Bright Cellars t-shirt (is there anything better??)
- Opportunity to learn about the wine industry while learning from the best e-commerce people in the business
Resumes will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.
Please include a short description of why you are interested in this position, your availability and why you think you'd be a great fit!